ENG-STS-SEDGLEY-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-STS-SEDGLEY > 2011-08 > 1314805694

From: Dave Fullwood <>
Subject: [ENG-STS-SEDGLEY] Photos of Bilston
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:48:14 +0100 (BST)

To fellow listers and the two Paul's (incidentally I have emailed Paul B directly already with info) mentioned below about Bridge St only;
you may find yet another Black Country web site useful  http://blackcountryhistory.org/        as it contains a couple of Bridge St, Bilston photo's along with other street scenes. My Bilston "Fullwood" ancestors lived in Brook Street, Temple Street and Bridge Street Bilston. I'm looking myself for any photo's of Brook St.

Regards
Dave
www.fullwood.org.uk

>From one Paul to another...
Sorry, I couldn't find Bridge St., but I have a book of old photographs of
Bilston that I'd be happy to check if you [or others] are ever looking for
anything else.  My own ongoing search is for a photograph of the old
Bilston Labour Club on Wellington Rd. The original Victorian mansion that
housed the club was demolished sometime around the 1960s and replaced with
a nondescript if utilitarian building. My grandparents were club stewards
from the 1930 to 1964 and while I have several pictures of the back garden
there are none of the building itself in our family collections.
cheers

paul

paul fieldhouse