ENG-SURREY-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-SURREY > 2003-09 > 1064752630

From: "Celia Renshaw" <>
Subject: [SRY] TYLER family in Bermondsey and Rotherhithe
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:37:10 +0100

My great-grandfather Phillippe William TYLER lived for a while with his
family at two addresses in London/Surrey.

July 1887 (possibly until early 1891), they were at 11 Dockley Road,
Bermondsey
In 1891 census, they were at 32 Eugenia Road, Rotherhithe (moved to Stepney
by early 1893).

In both locations, Phillippe was a Stamp/Philatelic Dealer. He was born
1862 in Kennington/Lambeth SRY (parents unknown until birth cert arrives!).
His wife was Mary Eliza (nee MORRIS) and the children they had at this time
were Walter Henry b. 1887, George b 1889 (died 1895 in Shoreditch district),
Wilfred b 1891, Louise Mary b. 1893.

On his marriage cert, Phillippe says his father is also named Phillippe
William TYLER (I don't totally trust this!), a Storekeeper.

Does anyone on the list have Trade or PO Directories for Bermondsey and
Rotherhithe in the last quarter of the 19th century, who could be really
kind and look for Phillippe William (aka Philip, Philip W or P W) TYLER
Stamp Dealer or other type of trader in these areas, including the above
addresses? And if any other listers see links with this family or the
addresses, it would be great to hear from you.

In hope
Celia Renshaw
in Notts UK

This thread: