ENG-SURREY-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-SURREY > 2008-10 > 1224876436

From: "Deborah Crawford" <>
Subject: Re: [SRY] Which web site?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:27:16 -0400

In the Drouin records (on ancestry) you will find more current baptismal
records. Some parish records go up to the mid 20th century. Not the
provincial "official" registration - but the baptisms. So, if you're lucky
and the folks you are looking into were baptized in specific locales, you
may well find them. Ontario vital statistics on line are fairly 'current'
by genealogical standards. That is an ongoing project and you'll be
pleasantly surprised by who you find there. I won't include website links
etc here as this doesn't really help Surrey researchers - but feel free to
contact me off list.

As stated in many replies, let us know where in Canada or the U.S. you're
referring to and perhaps we on this side of the pond can be more specific in
our directions.

This thread: