ENG-WILTSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-WILTSHIRE > 2001-05 > 0990265795

From: Paul Benyon <>
Subject: [ENG-WIL] National Burial Index - delays with some orders
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 10:49:55 +0100

I understand that there is a certain amount of understandable muttering
in the ranks regarding the distribution of the NBI CD and have been
asked to disseminate the following message: apologies to those who see
it more than once :-(

Paul
Portland

NATIONAL BURIAL INDEX

If you've already placed an order which you haven't yet received, we
apologise for the delay. The NBI has proved even more popular than we
had anticipated and our FFHS Publications company have received almost
12,000 orders.

You'll be glad to know that they've taken on additional staff to cope
with the resultant backlog, and I trust that you'll receive your copy of
the NBI very soon. Please note that they will not have cashed your
cheque or debited your card payment until they have sent out your order.

Thanks again for being so patient.

Regards

Alec Tritton
Vice-Chairman (Acting Chairman)