ENG-WILTSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-WILTSHIRE > 2004-04 > 1081443343

From: " EW" <>
Subject: Re: Samuel Shrowder Pickles
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:55:43 +0100

Debbie

I am not connected.
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, was a registration district office.
The city of Bath, county of Somerset was a registration district office
& both covered a number of parishes.
Bath - Created 1st July 1837.
Sub-districts : Abbey; Batheaston; Bathwick; Lansdown; Lynscombe;
Twerton; Walcot.
GRO volumes : X (1837-51); 5c (1852-1930).
Bath, Bathampton, Batheaston, Bathford, Bathwick, Charlcombe, Claverton,
Combe Hay, Dunkerton, English Combe, Freshford (from 1883), Hinton
Charterhouse, Langridge, Lyncombe, Monkton Combe, St. Catherine, South
Stoke, Swainswick, Twerton, Wellow, Weston, Widcombe, Wooley.
Registers now in Bath & North East Somerset district.
12 Charlotte Street, Bath, BA1 2NF.
Tel: 01225 312032. Fax: 01225 334812.
E-mail:

It probable Samuel retired & moved to Bath.
See <http://www.pslc.ws/macrog/exp/rubber/aepisode/earlysci.htm>;
<http://www.plastics-museum.com/phs/newsletters/news41web/page1.htm>;
Also <http://www.moultoneers.net/alexm.html>;
<http://www.avon-rubber.com/en/history/history.html>;