ENG-WILTSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-WILTSHIRE > 2004-10 > 1098907907

From: "Patrick Kivlin" <>
Subject: New to list - FOOTE & RUTTY families
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:11:49 +0100

Hello

I am new to the Wiltshire list although not to genealogy. My wife has Wiltshire roots, in particular the FOOT(E) family from Berwick Saint John, Compton Chamberlayne and later Seend and also the RUTTY family of Seend.

The main characters I have got back to are Samual Foote born in 1801 in Berwick St John who died in Seend in 1881. I was in touch a while ago with a couple of others who are resarching the same family and shall be renewing the contact soon as I am trying to get back on track.

The Rutty family I have traced back to John Rutty of Seend, born about 1773 and married to Margaret or Margaretta. I have not found their marriage and am stuck there. Their daughter Catherine Rutty married Charles Foote, son of Samuel, and they moved to Peterborough. They are my wife's great great grandparents.

If anyone knows anything about these two families please let me know.

Patrick Kivlin
Devon
UK

This thread: