ENG-WILTSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-WILTSHIRE > 2007-06 > 1181611761

From: Penny Hallowes <>
Subject: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] Information about Corsham
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:29:21 +1200

Hi

I have just joined your list as I have found my husband's grandfather lived
for a while in Corsham Wiltshire. He was there pre WWII and had some land
purchased by the MOD. I wondered if there was a reason for him going there
as he had been working in Wales up to his retirement. He had been involved
in the tin mining industry. He was William Brabazon HALLOWES and he was
born in 1873. After the land was purchased by them they moved to Draycot
Cerne Chippenham where he died in 1953.

I also wondered who had owned Rudloe Manor before it was purchased by the
MOD.

Any information about the area would be appreciated. William was born in
Redhill Surrey and his wife in Wales so I wonder what took them to that part
of the country to retire.

Thanks for any help.

Penny in NZ

This thread: