ENG-WILTSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-WILTSHIRE > 2007-06 > 1181657753

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] Information about Corsham
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:15:53 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

Hello Jim,
MY Wilts interest are WELLS bye and large from
WOODBOROUGH, it is said that after a certain period they moved into
STAnton St. BERNARD some went to bath others went to LAMBETH ,
MARYLEBONE, and BETHNAL GREEN
Others married into the MERRETT FAMILY AT the moment I am
following Mary J WELLS and her brothers who seem to have been left
behind while her family went to LAMBETH .
ONE of the Stanton ST> BERNARD WELLS family finished up with
his own farm near Birmingham
THANKS Pete.

Hallowes
>Sent: 12 June 2007 03:29
>Subject: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] Information about Corsham
>
>Hi
>

>I have just joined your list as I have found my husband's grandfather
lived
>for a while in Corsham Wiltshire. He was there pre WWII and had
some land
>purchased by the MOD. I wondered if there was a reason for him going
there
>as he had been working in Wales up to his retirement. He had been
involved
>in the tin mining industry. He was William Brabazon HALLOWES and he
was
>born in 1873. After the land was purchased by them they moved to
Draycot
>Cerne Chippenham where he died in 1953.
>

>I also wondered who had owned Rudloe Manor before it was purchased by
the
>MOD.
>

>Any information about the area would be appreciated. William was
born in
>Redhill Surrey and his wife in Wales so I wonder what took them to
that part
>of the country to retire.
>

>Thanks for any help.
>

>Penny in NZ