ENG-WILTSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-WILTSHIRE > 2007-06 > 1182202295

From: "Janette Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] Militia or Muster List
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:31:35 +0100

Thanks for that Terry.

My gggfather, b 1816, is not to be found in any census til 1871, on the 1902
census he is shown as having a private'? army pension, yet there is no
record of him in the national archives military pensions. This could seem
to be an answer.

Next, he was born and lived in Kingston Deverill, what militia is most
likely and can I access their records?

Janette