ENG-WILTSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-WILTSHIRE > 2007-06 > 1183018219

From: TERRY SILCOCK <>
Subject: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] SAY in Bradford
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:10:19 +0100 (BST)
In-Reply-To: <mailman.821.1183014271.2218.eng-wiltshire@rootsweb.com>

Whilst I do not have a link to James SAY.

SAY does appear in my trees in ROAD (now RODE) and North Bradley, which are close to Bradford.

A search of these parish registers might be worthwhile.

N Bradley published by WFHS and ROAD is on the FROME group and possible PAREG sites.

Terry Silcock

wrote:

Today's Topics:

1. Fine Lydiard. (Brenda Hopkin)
2. Re: Timothy Edwards ()
3. Re: Fine Lydiard ()
4. SAY Family. (Molly & Bill)
5. Re: SAY Family. (daphne.guthrie)
6. Re: SAY Family. (Molly & Bill)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:27:06 +0100
From: Brenda Hopkin

Subject: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] Fine Lydiard.
Message-ID: <6106fn$>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed

Many thanks to Valerie, Harry and Richard for their useful
replies. I am contacting Richard off list re the Lydiard Tregoze register.

Brenda

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:31:38 EDT
From:
Subject: Re: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] Timothy Edwards
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

Sorry, didn't see the original request, so I'm guessing at what information
is required.

There are two Timothy Edwards christened in Chisledon:
8th July 1791, son of Thomas & Ann (Tombes), 2nd child, born Feb 6th
3rd October 1803, son of John & Lydia, 1st child, born June 26th

and two deaths:
10th April 1804, Timothy Edwards, infant
25th November 1829, Timothy Edwards, aged 51, of Marlbro.

Hope this helps

Eric

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:58:04 EDT
From:
Subject: Re: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] Fine Lydiard
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

Brenda,
I have a 3rd great grandmother born in Fine Lydiard circa 1786 and I had
the same problems. I still can't find her marriage record and thus her
maiden name. I will be looking for a long time, I think.

Good Luck,

Janet

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:08:01 +1000
From: "Molly & Bill"
Subject: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] SAY Family.
Message-ID: <001201c7b8f6$dd5bb930$>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi listers. I'm new to this county having found a brick wall in Somerset, so here's hoping that someone can guide me in Wilts. JOHN SAY b: Bradford on Avon 1827. father James a weaver is all that I have. I have plenty of information from Census' after as he went on to have a long and fruitful life and his offspring multiplied etc etc. Anyone with this genleman in their tree ?

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:54:58 +1200
From: "daphne.guthrie"
Subject: Re: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] SAY Family.
Message-ID: <005b01c7b91e$f458b480$>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
reply-type=original

You may like to try the Wiltshire Family History web site or the Wiltshire
Record Office. On Ancestry.com theres a tab for searching family trees. Hope
this helps
regards
daphne

Researching areas: England kent, Medway,HARDY;TRUEMAN;LANDEN;LAYZELL;MARTIN;
MEXTED; WILMSHURST;Wiltshire;PARSLOE;WILLIAMS.Hampshire GUY;WILTSHIRE:Dorset
RUSSELL; Sussex;MARTIN;SAVAGE;APPS;AYLING;FROGBROOK;Essex LAYZELL,BAGLEY;
Norfolk MOUNSER;ABLETT England. Scotland Fyfe SMALL;JOHNSTON
From: "Molly & Bill"
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:08 AM
Subject: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] SAY Family.

> Hi listers. I'm new to this county having found a brick wall in Somerset,
> so here's hoping that someone can guide me in Wilts. JOHN SAY b: Bradford
> on Avon 1827. father James a weaver is all that I have. I have plenty of
> information from Census' after as he went on to have a long and fruitful
> life and his offspring multiplied etc etc. Anyone with this genleman in
> their tree ?

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:14:02 +1000
From: "Molly & Bill"
Subject: Re: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] SAY Family.
Message-ID: <002701c7b93a$c36052e0$>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
reply-type=original

Thanks Daphne. .
From: "daphne.guthrie"
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] SAY Family.

> You may like to try the Wiltshire Family History web site or the Wiltshire
> Record Office. On Ancestry.com theres a tab for searching family trees.
> Hope
> this helps
> regards
> daphne
> Researching areas: England kent,
> Medway,HARDY;TRUEMAN;LANDEN;LAYZELL;MARTIN;
> MEXTED; WILMSHURST;Wiltshire;PARSLOE;WILLIAMS.Hampshire
> GUY;WILTSHIRE:Dorset
> RUSSELL; Sussex;MARTIN;SAVAGE;APPS;AYLING;FROGBROOK;Essex LAYZELL,BAGLEY;
> Norfolk MOUNSER;ABLETT England. Scotland Fyfe SMALL;JOHNSTON
> From: "Molly & Bill"
> Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:08 AM
> Subject: [ENG-WILTSHIRE] SAY Family.
>> Hi listers. I'm new to this county having found a brick wall in Somerset,
>> so here's hoping that someone can guide me in Wilts. JOHN SAY b: Bradford
>> on Avon 1827. father James a weaver is all that I have. I have plenty of
>> information from Census' after as he went on to have a long and fruitful
>> life and his offspring multiplied etc etc. Anyone with this genleman in
>> their tree ?
>> -------------------------------
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in the subject and the body of the message

------------------------------

To contact the ENG-WILTSHIRE list administrator, send an email to

To post a message to the ENG-WILTSHIRE mailing list, send an email to .

__________________________________________________________
with the word "unsubscribe" without the quotes in the subject and the body of the
email with no additional text.

End of ENG-WILTSHIRE Digest, Vol 2, Issue 190