ENG-WORCESTER-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-WORCESTER > 1999-03 > 0921779865

From: <>
Subject: POUNTNEY in Bewdley?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:57:45 EST

Good morning, WORCESTER listers: Does anyone have information about Ursula
POUNTNEY, born 1805-1812 in Bewdley, or her family? She married Thomas
SKIDMORE of Tackley, Oxon.

I have been working on my Oxfordshire families of SKIDMORE and KILBY and
spouses - while keeping an eye out for POUNTNEYs. Found none until lately,
when a friend wrote to say that there are a lot of POUNTNEYs recorded in
Ribbesford and Rock, two locations in Worcestershire quite near Bewdley --
then we found that Ursula's birthplace was given as Bewdley in the 1841, 1855,
and 1861 censuses (and three different birthyears, of course!).

Maybe POUNTNEY is a Worcestershire family - I dunno - I had been looking for
them in Leicestershire, around the towns of Pultney and Clipstone. I am
hoping this new information is a break-through, and I will appreciate any
feedback.

Many thanks to all, and best regards,

Ginny Crawford

Carmel Valley CA US