ENG-YKS-LEEDS-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-YKS-LEEDS > 2004-06 > 1087407020

From: (Harry Dodsworth)
Subject: Brayshaw, Barber, Eley, in Harewood 18th century
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:30:20 -0400 (EDT)

My gg-grandparents, Allan Foster and Martha Brayshaw, married at
Harewood Parish Church in 1843, both age 20. (GRO certificate)

From the IGI,

Allan was the son of William and Elizabeth Foster, christened Pannal
04 May 1823. This agrees with other information I have.

Martha was the daughter of Thomas and Elizabeth Brashaw [sp]
christened Harewood 30 Mar 1823. Her father was described as Thomas
Brayshaw, mason, on the marriage certicate so I think this is my Martha.
No marriage between Thomas and Elizabeth has been extracted.

The IGI records a Thomas Brashaw son of Richard and Mary Brashaw
christened Harewood 29 July 1792. A marriage between Richard Brayshaw
and Mary Barber has been extracted, Harewood 08 Dec 1791.
This is the earliest report of a Brayshaw I have found who may be
in the line.

The IGI records a Mary Barber, daughter of John and Sarah Barber
christened Harewood 27 Oct 1765.
A John Barber was recorded as marrying Sarah Eley 19 Nov 1759 Harewood.

A Sarah Eley, daughter of Thomas and unknown Eley, was christened
20 Sep 1731 Harewood.

I think my next steps should be to check the Harewood Parish Register
for myself, and also to check the 1841 census.
However before doing so, I thought I would ask if anybody has any
connections to these Brayshaw, Barber or Eley families.

--
Harry Dodsworth Ottawa Ontario Canada