ENG-YORKS-BOLSTERSTONE-NEWSLETTER-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-YORKS-BOLSTERSTONE-NEWSLETTER > 2002-09 > 1032297636

From: "Jane Lachs" <>
Subject: [BOLSTERSTONE NEWS] 1901 Stocksbridge and Hunshelf
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:25:46 +0200

Evening all,
I've just added a new page to the Bolsterstone site ..

I started with the names of my relatives, then some of my "favourite"
surnames e.g. CHARLESWORTH, CRAWSHAW, FIRTH, TINGLE, KAY, HAIGH and I'm now
looking for people of interest to the subscribers of the
Bolsterstone-News-Letter.

922 names at the moment :-)) (excluding the SHAWs)

Cheers Jane

www.bolsterstone.de

PS
For Jim: wrote to you but it bounced .. some trouble with my ISP
I've added the info. to the database and will upload it soon.

I see from the 1901 census index that Amelia is still in Stocksbridge.

http://www.census.pro.gov.uk/

Perhaps you'll check the full transcription ?

PPS
For Mike:
It seems the bounce-ing messages are caused by my ISP being black-listed !!
.. they were using an open relay (don't know what that means) and are now
gradually changing everything to a secure relay .. all very complicated but
I think they'll have it sorted out soon.
Just seen on the back of that map: John Cutts KENWORTHY of Cutts Villa was
the sec. to the Stocksbridge Band of Hope Industrial Co-operative Society
Limited.

---