ENGLISH-FENS-L Archives

Archiver > ENGLISH-FENS > 2000-04 > 0956704099

From: "Alan Jeffery" <>
Subject: 1950s Electoral rolls
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:08:19 +1000

Gooday all from Sunny Qld, OZ
I have been subscribed to the list for a while as I am looking for the Jeffery family of WoodDitton. I have got back to James JEFFERY born abt 1830 married to Deborah CLAYDON 1851 at Parish Church WoodDitton. James' father was a Richard JEFFERY.
As a small boy back in the early fifties I recall going to WoodDitton or Newmarket to visit family there possibly an Ambrose JEFFERY who would have been in his 80s+. I would like to know if the electoral rolls for the mid 50s are available and where as I shall be in England in July this year. I have also programmed in a visit to the CFHS on 26 July as I am a member and need some supplies from the bookshop.
My grandfather Charlie JEFFERY born 1886 sheffield had a brother George JEFFERY born 1880 who had some 13 children and I am having no luck at this point in time trying to trace them or descendants.........any suggestions would be appreciated.

Talk to you all again soon Alan J Jeffery

This thread: