ENRIGHT-L Archives

Archiver > ENRIGHT > 2000-06 > 0961420470

From: "Bart Brassil" <>
Subject: RE: Enrights - 4 separate lines
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:14:30 EDT

To all:
Does this look familiar to you?

I also had a lucky break and found my maternal Enright line was from
Listowel.
They were shoemakers and somehow (still investigating) the descendants
stiill run
a shoe store called Wheelan's in Listowel

bart

Descendants of Edward Enright

Generation No. 1

1. EDWARD1 ENRIGHT was born Abt. 1805 in Unknown, and died 1872 in Unknown.
He married MARY MCNAMARA February 10, 1834 in Unknown. She was born
Unknown in Unknown, and died Unknown in Unknown.

Children of EDWARD ENRIGHT and MARY MCNAMARA are:
2.i.JAMES2 ENRIGHT, b. December 23, 1834, Doon, Ballybunion, Co. Kerry,
Ireland; d. 1901, Killeaney, Glin, Co. Limmerick, Ireland.
ii.MICHAEL ENRIGHT, b. Abt. 1843, Unknown.
iii.EILEEN ENRIGHT, b. Unknown, Unknown.

Generation No. 2

2. JAMES2 ENRIGHT (EDWARD1) was born December 23, 1834 in Doon,
Ballybunion, Co. Kerry, Ireland, and died 1901 in Killeaney, Glin, Co.
Limmerick, Ireland. He married MARY CONNORS February 22, 1868 in Saint
Mary's Church, Glin, Co. Limmerick, Ireland, daughter of TERRANCE CONNORS
and JULIA MCELLIGOT. She was born Unknown in Ballymackessy, Ballylongford,
Co. Kerry, Ireland, and died August 1901 in Killeaney, Glin, Co. Limmerick,
Ireland.

Children of JAMES ENRIGHT and MARY CONNORS are:
i.JULIA3 ENRIGHT, b. January 13, 1872, Killeaney, Glin, Co. Limmerick,
Ireland; d. December 26, 1950, Tarmon Hill, Tarbert, County Kerry, Ireland;
m. PATRICK JOSEPH BRASSIL, February 08, 1902, Saint Mary's Church, Glin, Co.
Limmerick, Ireland; b. June 01, 1873, Tarmon Hill, Tarbert, County Kerry,
Ireland; d. July 1957, Tarmon Hill, Tarbert, County Kerry, Ireland1.

Notes for JULIA ENRIGHT:
*** Question *** Sean, the County Registration office has no record of her
birth. Where did you aquire it?

Written from a conversation I had with Mae on on Saint Patrick's Day, March
17, 1999. (taped):
Joan, Mae's sister said, "Mud" was a very nice proud lady and we always used
to kid her about the first time she got the Pony & Trap. They came up to
Bedford, they were so proud of it. It was a little coach. When the boys
came home from America they bought her the "chariot."

Written from a conversation I had with Donald C. Brassil on on Saint
Patrick's Day, March 17, 1999. (taped):
"Her nickname of "mud", which was short for mother. My mother took us over
to Ireland before the war (WW II) started and knew them well as a young boy.
For years later, my Uncles [it would have to have been Ned, Paddy Jo and
Tim (especially Tim as it seemed he was a gregarious sort and loved stories
and practical jokes) since the older brothers had all ready come to
America.] would remind me of my involvement of crazy things they would put
me up to. They thought he was full of mischief so they put him up to
stunts."

Donnie goes on to say:
"Her sons liked to play wicked practical jokes on her, especially Tim, by
telling her grandson Donny to say "Mudda, are you going to put on some bread
pudding or make an apple pie today." and then she would say "Oh no. Not
today, I am sorry but I am too busy today" Her sons would then tell her
young grandchild to then say "Well then, you are just a whore, . . . an old
whore, Mud if you wouldn't do that "
((Oh those sons of hers would teach their young nephew wicked words and get
him in to all sorts of trouble. - I am sure, secretly, Mud must have
though this funny as well.))

*** Question *** : Does anyone have pictures of her, Pat Jo or their
parents? I would love to get a copy.

Notes for PATRICK JOSEPH BRASSIL:
What is the exact day he passed away?
Where is he burried?

Dan (his son) said:
Called him Paddy Jo
Called him Brown Paddy because of his hair.

Written from a conversation I had with Mae Neville Brassil on Saint
Patrick's Day, March 17, 1999. (taped)
"A good natured man and the families knew each other at the fairs. There
lived about 6-7 miles in Bedford. He was a very very nice man and everyone
loved him very much. Mae's father Daniel Neville, not living too far from
the Brassils, would meet each other, on a fair day, and have a drink;
"true aoursticors". "

Kit Brassil told me that all of Patrick's children were delivered by a mid
wife who lived in the area and was close to the family. Her name was Mary
Pierce.
*** Question *** : Kit, did I get her name correctly?

>From J.P. Brassil
My Dad said they called him the Kaiser because he looked like the German
Kaiser from WWI.
No one has yet to confirm this but when I get a photo of him and the Kaiser,
I will compare the two.
Had a horse named 'Willy', who almost kicked my father's head in/off when he
tried to stick a bridle branch up his rear end.

ii.EDMUND ENRIGHT, b. Unknown, Killeaney, Glin, Co. Limmerick, Ireland; m.
UNKNOWN_FIRST_NAME MAIDEN_NAME, Unknown, Unknown; b. Unknown, Unknown.
iii.MICHAEL ENRIGHT, b. Unknown, Killeaney, Glin, Co. Limmerick, Ireland.
iv.ELLEN ENRIGHT, b. Unknown, Killeaney, Glin, Co. Limmerick, Ireland; m.
UKNOWN_FIRST_NAME LEONARD, Unknown, Unknown; b. Unknown, Unknown.
v.NORA ENRIGHT, b. Unknown, Killeaney, Glin, Co. Limmerick, Ireland; m.
MICHAEL ENRIGHT2; b. Unknown, Unknown.
vi.MARY ENRIGHT, b. Unknown, Killeaney, Glin, Co. Limmerick, Ireland.

Endnotes

1. Conversation with the individual's close relative, 3/3/99, Mary Wallace
Rooney was at the wake. Granddaughter.
2. Conversation with the individual's close relative, 3/23/99, Nora Brassil
Mahoney.

Descendants of Margaret Enright