ESSEX-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-ROOTS > 1998-07 > 0900967842

From: <>
Subject: esx: re Hannah Rolfe
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:50:42 -0400

From:NAME: Kathy Barber
FUNC:
TEL: <BARBER, KATHY AT A1 AT JCCV03>
To:in%""@

I just know there is a way to untangle the Hannah ROLFE knot.

Here is some more data that I have collected that may help someone out there
figure this out.

In Charles Henry Pope's PIONEERS OF MASSACHUSETTS...

Pages 64-65 says that Humphrey BRADSTREET's daughter, Hannah m. (1)
Daniel ROLFE and (2) Nicholas HOLT

Page 390 under ROLFE, ROALFE, ROAFE, ROFFE states,

"Daniel, (called Rofe, Rose and Ro?se) Ipswich, 1648, taxed in Rowley in
1650. He m. Hannah, (Anna) dau. of Humphrey BRADSTREET. He died and an
inv. of his est. was taken June 24, 1654. The widow m. 2, Nicholas
HOLT."

Another Hannah shows up on this page as well.

"Henry, Newbury, propr. Wife Honour; ch. Anna, (m. 1, Thomas
BLANCHARD, 2, Richard GARDNER,) Hannah, (m. Richard DOLE,) John,
Benjamin."

Page 70 under BROCKLEBANK does not give a surname for Hannah the wife of
Samuel, but...

EARLY INHABITANTS OF IPSWICH, MASS. by Hammatt pages 32-33, however, gives
details of Humphrey BRADSTREET's will in which he mentions his daughter, Hannah
ROSE and his grandchildren, Daniel and Hannah ROSE. This seems to confirm the
PIONEERS P. 390 assertion, but did this granddaughter, Hannah marry Samuel
BROCKLEBANK? Should we try looking for confirmation under ROSE in the EARLY
SETTLERS OF ROWLEY and Rowley VR's? Any other suggestions? I'm just thinking
out loud. --Kathy

This thread: