ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2001-11 > 1005300618

From: "Carole Willing" <>
Subject: Ward Ancestors in Prittlewell/Colcehster
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:10:18 +1100

Hello everyone

I am new to the list. My name is Carole Willing and I live in Melbourne Australia.

My family research in Essex is in Prittlewell and Colchester. My g-grandfather was HENRY THOMAS WARD born 10/11/1840 in Colchester. His father was THOMAS WARD and his mother AMELIA WARD nee FITCH. Thomas Ward was a Paper Hanger by trade. HENRY married LUCY PRESLAND 11/07/1863 at Hillingdon, Middlesex. They moved to Prittlewell (Laslett Cottages, East Street) -a few years later and my grandmother FLORENCE JANE WARD was born in 1881. Henry Ward was a cabinet maker and had eight children. He died on 21/04/1892. Florence moved to Streatham, London where she met my grandfather WILLIAM HARRY BRYANT and was married in 1904.

If anyone is researching this line of Wards, or has some connection, I would be very pleased to hear from them.

Regards
Carole Willing
Melb. Aust.

-