ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-01 > 1074982580

From: "Chris Goddard" <>
Subject: Re: 2002 Electorial Register
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:16:23 -0000

Robin wrote:

> Anyone wanting look-ups reference the 2002 Electorial register, please
give
> me as much information as possible on your look-ups

Just a gentle word of warning, in case of disappointment. This is the
"Edited" register not the "Full" one. It does not include anyone who has
said that they don't want their local authority to sell on their
information. I asked my own registration officer what the opt-out rate was
locally, and he said it was around 15%.

If you're not aware of the change in UK law, you can read more about it
here:

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/your-vote/access.cfm

Chris

This thread: