ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2009-11 > 1259134478

From: Ailsa Petrie <>
Subject: [Ess] Places in Billericay
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:34:38 +1300

Hello Listers

I have received a marriage registration today and there are some places
mentioned on it that I would like to know more about. The marriage took
place in 1917 in Billericay.

1. The bride's place of residence at the time - I imagine she would have
been "in service" - is given as Devonshire House Billericay.

2. The groom was living at Martins Hall, Stebbing.

3. The marriage took place at the Independent Chapel in Chapel Street,
Billericay.

Can anyone tell me anything about these places, please? Are they still
there? What are/were they like? What denomination would the Independent
Chapel be? Is there any significance to Devonshire House?

If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Ailsa Petrie

--

Hamilton