EURO-JEWISH-L Archives

Archiver > EURO-JEWISH > 2002-07 > 1026583837

From: Anna Hanson <>
Subject: [Euro-Jewish] Ideas?
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:10:37 -0700

Has anyone got any great ideas on how I could go about researching the
parents of my great-great-grandmother, whose father was a "wealthy
merchant in Koenigsburg" sometime in the middle-late 1800's. I have
only the info from my great-grandfather's book, in which he kept the
details pretty sketchy, but he was born to a rabbi in Poland, and sent
to live with his mother's family in Koenigsburg for many years. An
uncle of his was also a merchant in London, in the 1889/90 or so years.
I'm looking for ideas on what records to try, to trace these folks.
Being the mother's family, I have no idea of the last name; but if I can
find a listing of wealthy merchants for Koenigsburg, maybe somehow I
could figure out which one was right.

It's a needle in a haystack, I know, but I'm looking for anything now.
Thanks!
Anna

--
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --Unknown
"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in

This thread: