FAIRCHILD-L Archives

Archiver > FAIRCHILD > 1999-05 > 0928127242

From: Merritt Mullen <>
Subject: Fairchild Family of Charleston SC
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 22:07:22 -0700

The parents of Capt. John Fairchild were Thomas and Elizabeth Fairchild.
Thomas Fairchild would have been born about 1680. He died 20 Jul 1734
in Charleston SC. His wife Elizabeth's maiden name is unknown, but may
have been Loughton or Mason. She died Jun 1738 in Charleston. Both
Thomas and Elizabeth are buried at St. Phillip's Church Cemetery in
Charleston. Thomas had a brother Richard and a sister Mary who also
lived in Charleston. It is thought that the father of Thomas, Richard
and Mary was an older Thomas Fairchild. The Fairchilds are thought to
have come to Charleston from either England or the British West Indies.
No connection has been found to the Fairchilds of Connecticut.

"h. b. pitts" wrote:

> I am glad to see some information come across on the Fairchild list.
> I sububscribed several month's ago but this is the first time I've
> seen any messages. I sent an inquiry to Rootsweb a couple of month's
> ago asking if there was a problem with the FAIRCHILD list but did not
> receive a reply. Perhaps' we can get some real dialogue going here.
> Merritt you sent me some information last year via the mail and I
> apologize for not getting back with you. I've run into some confusion
> on who the father of Captain John Fairchild of South Carolina was and
> how they connect to the Fairchild's of Connecticut.
> Any ideas on this? Thanks

This thread: