FAIRMAN-L Archives

Archiver > FAIRMAN > 2005-07 > 1120967501

Subject: Re: James Fairman
Date: 9 Jul 2005 21:51:41 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/ldV.2ACIB/61.1.1.1.2.1

Message Board Post:

Fairman is neither irish or english.Its norwegian.Four brothers, Benjamin, Mathew, Thomas and William went to Londonderry ireland in search of work, they were stone cutters.I am not sure of any dates. But at some point three of the brothers came to America. Benjamin stayed in ireland.It was these three brothers who changed the spelling of our name. It used to be Fairmann. William was James's father.The Fairman name is mentioned in English history as early as the ten hundreds.( over a thousand years ago). It is quite possible that Fairmans were part of the invaders from Norway that invaded England many many years ago. impossible to prove, but it does make sense.

This thread: