FAIRMAN-L Archives

Archiver > FAIRMAN > 2006-07 > 1153690620

From: "Philip Sonnichsen" <>
Subject: Re: Fairman - Fairbrother sur-name
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:37:00 -0700

I am interested in this lost Fairman gunsmith and the fact that the
sur-name
Fairman is occupational, for the servant of a man named Fair, or for a
"handsome
man." However, the notion of "Fairbrother," as a sur-name, which has been
cited
in this recent exchange of e-mail correspondence, is really very intriguing.
I don't
know if there is some correlation between "Fairman" and "Fairbrother."