FAMILY-ORIGINS-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > FAMILY-ORIGINS-USERS > 1997-10 > 0877947211

From: <>
Subject: DEAD ISSUE? Says who?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 05:13:31 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 10/22/97 6:23:12PM, you write:

<< << Come on 'yall don't start on this Borderbund, Intuit, Parsons line
again ! IT'S A DEAD ISSUE.

Mark

Sorry,

I am fairly new to the list.

Brenda

Hey, that's no way to talk to a lady! If you want this group to grow / be
useful, then accept that just because you don't want to talk about it,
someone else might. Newsgroups are conveyors, some come on, others drop off.

I just found this group last week, after having followed
soc.genealogy.computing for months. Having followed that group, I've a fair
idea what's going on with this issue. Even so, I'd like to know about any
developments - who knows what has happened today in the crazy world of
software? {:-o

We should bear in mind that the speed of growth of the internet means that
there will always be people new to newsgroups, new to genealogy, new to FOW,
whatever. A little patience will maintain the excellent spirit of cooperation
that surrounds the world of genealogy.

C'mon, Mark - ease up a little. If you don't like the thread, leave it. Go
chew on a spammer. Brenda, the Net is the world's greatest democracy. Ask
away. If folk don't want to talk, you'll soon find out.

If all this sounds like a lecture - well, it's just IM(H)O. Take it or leave
it. This group's tiny - let's all be mates, eh?

Regards to all

Daniel