FANCHER-L Archives

Archiver > FANCHER > 2004-02 > 1076976002

From: "Alison C. Wallner" <>
Subject: Correction Re: [FANCHER] New Book on the Fancher Family Origins & Surname!
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:00:02 -0500

Oops! Paul Fancher's website is: http://www.mindspring.com/~fancher/

Alison Wallner
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wallner

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alison C. Wallner" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 6:50 PM

> "The Fancher Family Origins" shows that the Fancher Family in America
descends from the Fancy/Fanshaw Family of Long Island, New York. It presents
William Fancy/Fanshaw, Jr., of Setauket, Brookhaven Town, Long Island,
Suffolk County, New York as the father of the six Colonial Fanchers who were
found in Stamford, and Stratford, Fairfield County around 1730, and
Branford, New Haven County, Connecticut around 1720.

> This work also shows that the spelling of the surnames of Richard Fancher,
John Fancher, and David Fancher was predominately "Fanshaw" in the early
Connecticut records. It establishes the connection between the Fanshaw,
Fancher, and Fancy spellings of our family surname, and presents convincing
new evidence that the origin of the Fancher family name in America was the
English Fanshawe surname.

> The "Fancher Family Origins" by written by myself and Paul B. Fancher
(also the author of "Richard Fancher (1700-1764) of Morris Co., NJ.") The
entire text can be viewed at my website:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wallner and also at Paul Fancher's
website:
> http://www.mindsprong.com~fancher
>
> Copies of this book can be found in the LDS Library in Salt Lake City, 48
State Libraries, all of the genealogical and historical societies in the
areas where William Fancy and the Colonial Fanchers lived, the NEHGS, NYG&B,
the DAR Library in Washington, D.C, and numerous other repositories. Please
note that there are no copies of this book available for sale.