FARTHING-L Archives

Archiver > FARTHING > 2002-10 > 1034697352

From: Ken Farthing <>
Subject: Re: [FARTHING] Farthings, Missouri, 1930 census part I
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:55:52 -0500

In regard to Farthings, Missouri, 1930 census part 1:

***1930 census of Columbia, Missouri, page 10b
1. Thomas Farthing, $1500 EV, (M) Boone County, Missouri, F

***1930 census of Columbia, Boone County, Missouri, page 17a
2. Thomas Farthing, $27.50 or $2750 age 56, etc.
This is James Thomas Farthing who married Ruby Marshall.
His line: James Thomas Farthing5<Edward Champlain Farthing4<Thomas Farthing3<
John Farthing2<Edward Farthing of Va. and Ky.
Concerning the son’s name---Orval?, Oral, or Orah---it was Oral Thomas Farthing.

***1930 census of Salisbury, Chariton County, Missouri, page 2a
3. William I., $15, EV, M, W, age 50, etc.
This is William Isom (or Ison) Farthing who married Rose Ola Jones.
His line: William Farthing<Richard Franklin Farthing<Joel Farthing<John Farthing<
Edward Farthing of Va. and Ky.

***1930 census of Wayland (twp), Chariton County, Missouri, page 2a
4. Nova Farthing, $10 EV age 23, etc.
This is a son of Joel Farthing, who was a brother of William Isom Farthing,(No. 3 above)

***1930 census of Wayland (twp), Chariton County, Missouri, page 1b
4. Ernest,. age 49, etc.
This is a son of Richard and a brother of William Isom Farthing. He married Maude Welch.

***1930 census of Wayland(twp), Chariton County, Missouri, page 2a
5. James, age 56, Single (in 1930 but later married brother William’s widow, Rose)
This is a son of Richard Franklin Farthing.