FEEFHS-L Archives

Archiver > FEEFHS > 2007-06 > 1181675104

From: <>
Subject: Re: [FEEFHS] Bublitz/Redwans in West Prussia
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:05:04 -0400

Carol, did any of your folks come to America? Sometimes you can get an idea of where to start looking on the Ellis Island website. Many times you can learn the village and the name of the relative they were staying with before they left.

Otherwise, the LDS Family History Center has the following films available for West Prussia. They are under the category of church records:

Topic
Germany, Preußen, Westpreußen - Church records

Titles
Anstellung u. Versorgung der Lehrer, Prüfungen, Zeugnisse u. Atteste der Lehrer, 1806-1895 / Marienwerder (Westpreußen).
Innere Verwaltung Kirchenbuch, 1764-1925 /
Evangelische Kirche Ostpreußen Kirchliche Akten, 1788-1894 /
Marienwerder (Westpreußen).
Innere Verwaltung Mennonites in Prussia / Goertz, Adalbert, 1928-
Verzeichnis der evangelischen Kirchenbücher von Westpreußen und Posen

© 2002 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.