FEEFHS-L Archives

Archiver > FEEFHS > 2007-10 > 1192286494

From: "Emil Lenkey" <>
Subject: Re: [FEEFHS] Anton WEISKOPF
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 07:41:34 -0700

wish that i could help, but i can't. you probably should find a genealogist
who works the area, and they may be able to help u.
sorry.

settled in Chicago, IL, he is listed in city
> directories for Chicago in the 1870's but I do not find him
> on a census until 1880 where he appears with wife, Josephine (Josey) who
came from Bayern. I believe Josey's
> maiden name to be Deimel. Also in 1880 census is daughter, Mary born
approx.1861; Charley born 1866;
> August George born 17 Jun 1869 (my great-grandfather) born in Chicago
and Frank born 1874 in Chicago.
> However, now I find there were two older daughters born
> in Europe, Anna who immigrated with Anton, born 1858 ca;
> and Emilie born 23 Nov 1859 in Austria (per her death record). Most all
the family stayed in the Chicago area and
> August, my great-grandfather, settled in Decatur, IL later
> where I was born.
> In trying to find where in Bohemia Anton was born, I know
> he is listed on his immigration record as being on the Czech Immigration
list, but I have not been able to find the