FEEFHS-L Archives

Archiver > FEEFHS > 2008-01 > 1201550985

Subject: Re: [FEEFHS] FEEFHS Digest, Vol 2, Issue 4
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:09:45 EST

In a message dated 1/25/2008 2:06:33 A.M. Central Standard Time,

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:57:55 EST

Greetings! I like to get mail from FEEFHS. I didn't send the email you are
asking about. Please let me continue to be a subscriber.

Direction of genealogical interests:

I am looking for: SLANY ancestors from Czechoslovakia or Hungary. Magyar
ancestors of the surname VASARHELYI (ancestors immigrated to US and those
remaining in Romania) and MUSZKA (relatives in Romania of Hungarian
nationality)
or also MUSKA (relatives in Michigan area adopted this spelling).
Additional
surnames of interest include: LABUDA (Slovak origin), POCH (maiden name
uncertain origin) , and PALES (another maiden name of uncertain origin). I
am
inquiring about relatives of my grandfather still living in Romania surname
VASARHELYI.
Village of VAMARGALFAINE in Transylvania, Romania
Village of Gemerska, Czechoslovakia

Rehova or Kokova in Hungary (CSIK?) (probably predominately Slovik origin)
In the US Census records for my Slovak ancestors they show "CSIK" (I
thought
was an abbreviation for Czechoslovakia or Slovak). They also show Hungary
as place of birth and mother and father's birth. I don't know if they are
meaning an place in Czechoslovakia under Hungarian rule or a place actually
located in Hungary (if so may not mean limited to present day Hungary). I
understand that many Slovakian people lived in Northern Hungary (which is
the part
which was treatied over to Romania "Treaty of Versailles."

Anyone bursting with knowledge in my areas of ignorance please enlighten
me.
I can be reached at (mailto:) .
Welcome comments and info. Thanks.

Hello Kbradylake,

One of you names is LABUDA. Kathleen LaBuddie, living in the Detroit
area and just north of Detroit in Canada, told me that it took her years of
research to discover that her LaBuddie name is in fact a Kaschubian name.

Maybe someone else on this list has Kathleen's email address and you can
contact her directly to further discuss this name, but it sounds like the
same name to me. You can go to the feefhs.org website and do a google
search for Kaschub and see what you find. The Kaschubs were a slavic
tribe living in central Europe.

Good luck,
Marsha Gustad
FEEFHS member for many years

ps...... The FEEFHS convention will be held in Pittsburg this year. Find
more
info on the feefhs.org website.