FEIST-L Archives

Archiver > FEIST > 1999-08 > 0934737741

From: "Michelle Nardone" <>
Subject: George Feist
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 13:22:21 -0400

Hello,

I have just subscribed to this list and thought I would post the family I am researching, with what I know so far.

George Feist - born about 1827 - died April 13th 1888 (buried Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, Rochester, N.Y.)
Barbara Feist (no maiden name) - born about 1832 - died Feb 6th 1911(buried Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, Rochester, N.Y.)

Children -

Feist, Magdalena - born about 1850
Michael - born about 1852
Mary - born about1854
Christoph - born about 1856
John - born about 1861
Barbara - born Dec. 1859 - married a Frederick Young born 18
Catherine - born about 1863
George - born 1866
Anna - born about 1869
Fred - born about 1873(this child was listed as a non-relation in census of 1880, but later his name becomes Feist)

There may be other children, this is all I have so far. George lived in Rochester, New York in 1843, he emigrated from Baden, but I have not located the ship he may have come on or what town he is originally from in Baden. He may have emigrated with his parents since it looks like he was only 16 or 17 years old, but I have not found them so far. I believe he may have married Barbara after arriving in N.Y. state. He states his occupation as a Tanner and many of his children were shoemakers.

The information I have so far came from the 1860 census and a newspaper article containing his obituary(Rochester D&C 1888). I also have his citizenship paper from the city of Rochester, Monroe County, New York.

Michelle Nardone

This thread: