FENSTERER-L Archives

Archiver > FENSTERER > 2002-11 > 1037263930

Subject: [FENSTERER] German Valley Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery, Blue Mounds Twp., Wisconsin
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:52:10 EST

Dear All,
I now have photographs & transcription of almost all stones located at German
Valley Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery, Blue Mounds Twp., Dane Co., Wisconsin.
Attached is the photo of the following FENSTERER:
Augusta Wilhelmine Caroline Fensterer
Daughter of Johann Elias Friedrich Fensterer (1812-1877) & Marie Wilhelmine
Caroline Oppermann (1819-1857). She was born on 22 June 1841 in Ringleben,
Artern, Kyffhausen, Thüringen, Germany or Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt, Germany.
She died on 30 March 1872 in German Valley/Blue Mounds, Dane Co., WI. She
Immigrated to the USA on 10 May 1861 aboard the ship "Tuisko" from Bremen,
Germany; landing in New York, Destination: Wisconsin. She came to America
with her father, 6 siblings, and a cousin. Her youngest brother, Immanuel,
died enroute.

I would be happy to share any information that I've collected on this family.
Also, if you know of someone who may be interested in other burials at this
cemetery, they are welcome to email me. Other surnames buried here:
ARNESON, BECKER, BEKER, BIER, BILSE, DISRUD, DREVDAHL, ECKEL, ERICKSON,
GERKE, HEUSER, HISER, HOESLY, KAEBLE, KABLY, KAHL, ROUNDS, SCHAFER, SCHOLL,
STEYER, WERREN, WIRTH, and others.

Michelle Thompson-Larson
Waterloo, Iowa, USA

<A HREF="http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/t/h/o/Michelle-D-Larson/">FTM - The Thompson-Larson Genealogy</A>
Researching all families connected to the following surnames:
BOTSCH, DANCE, DEICHMANN, FENSTERER/FENSTER, FISCHLER/FISHER/FISHLER,
GUNDERSON, HANISCH, KOHTZ, LARSON, LEMMONS, MILES, PETER, REAMS, STEELE,
THOMPSON, TUCKER, WEIDEMANN, WELDIN

This thread: