FERGUSON-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > FERGUSON-DNA > 2006-04 > 1145166237

Subject: Re: VA Convolution No More
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 01:43:57 EDT

It looks very convincing that my John Farguson, Douglas Farguson and Holland
Farguson were brothers. They are all listed in various sources in Albemarle
Co, Fredericksville Parish in the late 1700's and early 1800's with several
other Fargusons including Wiley that I think was their father.

Holland named one of his sons Wiley as well as Douglas Ferguson and
the John Ferguson that I connect to, therefore, I think that Holland, Douglas
and my
John were sons of the Wiley of Albemarle Co.

Holland is listed in 1800 in Albemarle Roads 1783-1816.

Douglas Ferguson is listed as a petitioner in the year 1799 in Buckingham
Co., VA.

James & Brother John &? 4-0-0-1 is listed in the 1794 Albemarle Co,
Fredericksville Parish Tax List.
John 1-0-0-1 is listed in the 1803 Albemarle Co, Fredericksville Parish Tax
List.

Wiley 1-0-0-2 is listed in the 1789 Albemarle Co, Fredericksville Parish Tax
List. Wiley 1-0-0-2 is listed in the 1792 Albemarle Co, Fredericksville Parish
Tax List. Wiley is listed with a land warrant in Albemarle Co. VA in 1793.
Wiley 1-0-0-1 is listed in the 1793 Albemarle Co, Fredericksville Parish Tax
List. Wiley is listed in 1800 in the in Albemarle Roads 1783-1816. The 1810
Albemarle Co., VA census lists the Wiley Fergason family consisting of Wiley 45
years or older; a wife between 26 and 44; 1 female between 10 and 15; and one
other female between 26 and 44.

Douglas Ferguson is connected to Harold Wayne Ferguson. My DNA and Harold
Wayne Ferguson's DNA are only 2 genetic distances apart. Since we both have
Wiley in ancestors names and ancestors all trace to Albemarle Co., it seems
likely that we all connect to Wiley of Albemarle Co. as well as Holland
Farguson.
From my calculations, Wiley of Albemarle Co. was born about 1765. Holland was
born
about 1770. John was born about 1775. Douglas was born about 1788.

Now the question is who are the parents of Wiley of Albemarle Co.?

Jonny E. Ferguson

This thread: