FERGUSON-John-L Archives

Archiver > FERGUSON-John > 2001-09 > 1001000062

From: Patricia Oates <>
Subject: Re: [FERGUSON-John] Fergusons, Reddens, Rogers, etc.
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:34:22 -0500
References: <20010919182814.SM00295@pat><3.0.6.32.20010919154540.007d55a0@mail.wtez.net><200109191459632.SM00295@pat>
In-Reply-To: <3.0.6.32.20010919175323.007d9cc0@mail.wtez.net>

Richard
I have been also told by other researchers that the Joseph Ferguson family
in Limestone Co. TX was related to the Bell Co. TX Ferguson family but not
how.
Bell Co. is just one county south west of Limestone Co. TX.
I can also place people from Leon Co. TX which joins Limestone on the east
in E. Feliciana Parish, LA & in MS at about the same time frame you are
talking about. The Lee family is in Leon Co. TX.
So many things sound like things I have run into doing genealogy in the
areas of Limestone & Leon Co. TX.
Pat Oates in TX

At 05:53 PM 9/19/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>It sounds to me like it's a lock cinch that we're related. I don't know
>exactly how, but the Reddens and Rogers are just too much of a coincidence.
> Elijah Ferguson disappears from Culpeper VA after his father dies in 1798,
>and reappears in Wilkinson Co., MS when he marries Elizabeth Jackson on
>Aug. 1, 1806. They lived in E. Feliciana Parish, La. I suspect that
>Elijah may have traveled with the Jacksons since that was when the Jacksons
>arrived in MS too. They had traveled from SC by way of Kentucky and
>Tennessee. In 1830, they were in Yazoo County, MS. In 1833, Elijah was a
>taxpayer in Holmes Co., MS. along with a "Benjamin F. Ferguson." They
>moved to Drew Co., Arkansas by 1835. William J. Ferguson, son of James
>Harvey Ferguson, married M. C. Rogers on July 11, 1859 at Drew Co., Ark.
>Edwin R. Ferguson, son of J. W. Ferguson (son of Elijah) married Victoria
>E. Rogers Mar. 29, 1857 at Drew Co., Arkansas. In 1870, Benjamin Newton
>Ferguson (my great grandfather) left Arkansas and moved to Old Troy, Bell
>Co., Texas. In 1888, Benjamin Newton moved to Burk Station where Iowa
>Park, TX is now.
>At 06:19 PM 9/19/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>Richard
>>Can you trace any of the people below into central TX.? We are getting
>>into names here that really fit people around my Ferguson family in
>>Limestone Co. TX.
>>Have you run into any Murray families in the search? We had a James
>>Harvey Murray show up in Limestone Co. TX.
>>Pat Oates in TX.
>>At 03:45 PM 9/19/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>>>Some of the children of Elijah Ferguson married women named Rogers and the
>>>Reddens came from South Carolina to LA in about 1806 with the Jacksons and
>>>Lees. Elijah married Elizabeth Jackson. Elijah's son James Harvey
>>>Ferguson married Lucinda Lee.
>>>
>>>Richard Ferguson
>>>
>>>At 02:50 PM 9/19/01 -0500, Patricia Oates wrote:
>>>>>Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:35:45 -0500
>>>>>To: "Mary Ferguson Fiser" <>
>>>>>From: Patricia Oates <>
>>>>>Subject: Re: [FERGUSON-John] John Fargeson & Ann Stubbleson
>>>>>
>>>>>Mimi
>>>>>From the email below we may come from the same line the James Samuel
>>>>Ferguson.
>>>>>I have no proof of this James being Joseph's Father but this is what I
>>>>have been told & am looking for proof of this.
>>>>>I also have run into the Rogers name around Joseph Ferguson, in fact one
>>>>of his Daughter by Hannah Penrod Ferguson married a Rogers.
>>>>>Also I see the Redd name & I keep running into a Redden or Reddin family