FERGUSON-L Archives

Archiver > FERGUSON > 1998-01 > 0885386272

From: Jadean46 <>
Subject: [FERGUSON-L] FERGUSON, Charles 1803
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 07:37:52 EST

My beginning direct line ancestor is Charles FERGUSON born 5 October 1803. Do
not have any idea where he was born. He married 6/26 November 1823 to Nancy
CLOSE in Jefferson County, Ohio. They became the parents of ten children
William Henry, Mary Jane, Rachel, Susannah, Thomas D. (my direct line), infant
(name unknown), Joseph Andrew, infant (name not known), George Washington and
Charles Silas. Charles died on the 6 October 1839 near Hammondsville, Ohio.
It has been said that Charles was murdered on his way home from selling
horses.

Do any of these names look familiar? Is there anyone researching the FERGUSON
family from that area? Or does anyone have any FERGUSONS from some where else
who might have settled in Ohio? Especially in the Jefferson Co. Ohio or
surrounding counties near Jefferson Co.

I would like to correspond with anyone with knowledge of the FERGUSONS
especially anyone with a Charles in their files. Thank you for any
help/suggestions.

Jadean Hopper
Columbus, Ohio

This thread: