FERMANAGH-GOLD-L Archives

Archiver > FERMANAGH-GOLD > 2011-09 > 1315176266

Subject: Re: FERMANAGH-GOLD Beggan(s)/Tierney near Lisnaskea/Newtownbutler
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 18:44:26 -0400 (EDT)

Treacy,
First let me say how sorry I am about your grandmother's passing. As
James stated...you were very lucky to have had that wonderful special time with
her. Some of us, like myself, have never had the opportunity to even
"know" our grandparents, which besides feeling a loss of that relationship- it
has made it difficult at times to gather information or even stories. You
are blessed that you will always have those memories of her. Again...my
deepest sympathy at your loss.

Second- Welcome to this list! As Ellen said...We ARE the best! You have
already experienced the selfless eagerness to help....and only a small part
of the extensive knowledge ( from Irish soda bread to wars and famine ) you
will learn on this list. Welcome! Welcome!

And lastly...though I have been ....slightly absent lately (very busy
lol) I live not too far from you...on Long Island in NY. Ever need me just
holler! Or wave! lol

Again....Welcome!

Sue in NY

This thread: