FERMANAGH-L Archives

Archiver > FERMANAGH > 1999-07 > 0931045181

From: Pat Traynor <>
Subject: Re: Parishes/Townlands/towns????
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 16:39:41 -0700

"Sask" <> wrote...........
>Dear Friends on the Fermanagh List,
>I am trying to determine IF the minister was recording parishes or
>townlands, or towns are residences in the 1826 marriage registers. Thanks in
>advance. I tried a couple different maps, and a microflim Gazetter from
>1841.
>
>Here goes listed for Holy Trinity church Kinawley parish, minister Archibald
>Crawford.
>under residence some of the places were;
>
>Aughalurcher
>Dromeborry
>
>Derrycannon
>Derrycannon

I see what looks like the name Derrycanon Lake, just up from
Drumgorgan on the road to Lisnaskea.

>Derrycannon
>Gole

>looks like Cornakill
>looks like Ceiglum very hard to read, quill pen and handwriting.

Cornakill is about 3/4 of a mi. NE of Drumgorgan on road B127? to
Lisnaskea.

>Deravore??
>Deravore ???

I see a DERRYVORE 1-1/2 mi. SE of Drumgorgan. About 4 mi. E. of Teemore
which is on road A509 and shows on my Ordnance Survey "Holiday Map",
(commonly found as a road map in Ireland for about 4 pounds). It is
about 1-1/2 mi. WSW of Crom Castle.

>Looks like Gortmullan
>looks likeKlintinose or Klintinese

>Laraugh
>Looks like Gortgorgon, or Godgorgon
(See below) Could not locate the other placenames as my eyes
were getting bleary from gazing through the magnifying glass at
the copy of the map someone sent me.

>I am hoping Aughalurcher is Aghalurcher Glebe, and I am 90% certain that
>Drumborry is what was spelt Dromeborry. (The y looks like a u)This is the
>listing for my Great Grandparents.

>Sincerest thanks, Joy Irene

Is Holy Trinity the name of the church in the town of Kinawley?
Catholic or Protestant? I was there, but guess I never got the
name of the church.
I find that there was another KINAWLEY church in Derrylin.

I have the tombstone inscriptions for the church cemetary in
Kinawley, and a photo of it too.

------------
I think "glebe" means church land.

TOWNLAND AREA BARONY CIVIL PARISH POOR LAW UNION
Aghalurcher Glebe 47 Magherastephana Aghalurcher Lisnaskea
Gortmullan 315 Knockninny Tomregan Lisnaskea
Gortgorgan 284 Knockninny Kinawley Lisnaskea
Gortgorgan is at the crossroads, 2-1/2 mi. SE of Derrylin.

Gortgall 620 Clanawley Boho Enniskillen
Gortgarran 55 Magherastephana Aghalurcher Lisnaskea
Gortgarvan 129 Clankelly Galloon Clones
Gortgeran 136 Lurg Drumkeeran Lowtherstown
Gortgommon 112 Coole Galloon Clones
Gortgonnell 43 Tirkennedy Enniskillen Enniskillen
Gortgor 72 Magheraboy Devenish Enniskillen
Gortgranagh 225 Coole Galloon Lisnaskea
Gortgullenan 71 Clanawley Killesher Enniskillen

--------------------------
*FERMANAGH:
NOTES:
=====
Although the range of dates extends over the period 1848-64,
most Griffith Valuations date to the 1850s; and they cover
roughly 70-80 per cent of the occupiers of property in Ireland.

The published valuation records are available on paper and in microfiche
format. The dates of the Tithe Applotment Books or TABs depend on the
parishes. The range of dates extends over the period 1803-62. However, most
of them date to the 1820s and 1830s.
===========================
The Civil Parishes of County Fermanagh

1 Aghalurcher
2 Aghavea
3 Belleek
4 Boho
5 Clones
6 Cleenish
7 Derrybrusk
8 Derryvullan
9 Devenish
10 Drumkeeran
11 Drummully
12 Enniskillen
13 Galloon
14 Inishmacsaint
15 Killesher
16 Kinawley
17 Magheracross
18 Magheraculmoney
19 Rossorry
20 Templecarn
21 Tomregan
22 Trory
=================
These names may have some connection with the above list???? My
archives were scrambled......
Aghnamullen
Derryvullan North
Derryvullan and Trory
===========================

From; Ireland Gen Web
---------------
Presbyterian Church Records
Taken from Presbyterian Historical Society Archives, Belfast, Ireland and
transcribed for internet and non-commercial usage with their permission. To
contact the Presbyterian Church in Ireland, please click on this link: To
Email the Presbytrerian Church for Information on Location of Records

Fermanagh Enniskillen 1837
Fermanagh Lisbellaw 1849
Fermanagh Pettigo 1844
=================== End of GenWeb............
Fermanagh names:
MacCaffrey,
MacEnteggart,
MacGarrahan,
MacGilfinnen, Lord,
MacGuire, Prince,
MacLennon,
MacLeonard, Lord
MacManus,
MacTiernan,
MacTully,
Magrath,
O'Breslin (Brehon),
O'Casey,
O'Cassidy, Chief,
O'Corrigan,
O'Devin, Lord,
O'Donnegan,
O'Felan,
O'Flannagan, Lord,
O'Gorman,
O'Heaney, Chief,
O'Hosey,
O'Keenan, Chief,
O'Luinin,
O'Meehan,
O'Muldoon, Chief,
O'Mulrooney,
O'Tracy,
O'Tully,
--------------------
CATH.PARISHES; Records from:
Aghavea 1862
Aughalurcher (Lisnaskea) 1835
Carn (Belleek) 1851
Cleenish 1835
Culmaine 1836
Devenish 1853
Enniskillen 1838
Galoon 1853
Inishmacsaint 1848
Irvinestown 1846
Roslea 1862
Tempo 1845

==============

The Civil Parishes of County Tyrone

1 Aghaloo
2 Aghalurcher
3 Arboe
4 Ardstraw
5 Artrea
6 Ballinderry
7 Ballyclog
8 Bodoney Lower
9 Bodoney Upper
10 Camus11Cappagh
12 Carnteel
13 Clogher
14 Clogherny
15 Clonfeacle
16 Clonloe
17 Derryloran
18 Desertcreat
19 Donacavey
20 Donaghedy
21 Donaghenry
22 Donaghmore
23 Dromore
24 Drumglass
25 Drumragh
26 Errigal Keerogue
27 Errigal Trough
28 Kildress
29 Killeeshil
30 Killyman
31 Kilskeery
32 Learmount
33 Leckpatrick
34 Lissan
35 Longfield East
36 Longfield West
37 Magheracross
38 Pomeroy
39 Tamlaght
40 Termonamongan
41 Termonmaguirk
42 Tullyniskan
43 Urney

===============

The Civil Parishes of County Armagh

1 Armagh
2 Ballymore
3 Ballymore
4 Clonfeacle
5 Creggan
6 Derrynoose
7 Drumcree
8 Eglish
9 Forkill
10 Grange
11 Jonesborough
12 Keady
13 Kilclooney
14 Kildarton
15 Killevy
16 Killyman
17 Kilmore
18 Lisnadill
19 Loughgall
20 Loughgilly
21 Magheralin
22 Montiaghs
23 Mullaghbrack
24 Newry
25 Newtownhamilton
26 Seagoe
27 Shankill
28 Tartaraghan
29 Tynan

The Civil Parishes of County Antrim (I have ANTRIM.JPG parish map)

1 Aghagallon
2 Aghalee
3 Ahoghill
4 Antrim
5 Ardclinis
6 Armoy
7 Ballinderry
8 Ballintoy
9 Ballyclug
10 Ballycor
11 Ballylinny
12 Ballymartin
13 Ballymoney
14 Ballynure
15 Ballyrashane
16 Ballyscullion
17 Ballywillin
18 Belfast
19 Billy
20 Blaris
21 Camlin
22 Carncastle
23 Carnmoney
24 Carrickfergus & St. Nicholas
25 Connor
26 Craigs
27 Cranfield
28 Culfeightrin
29 Derryaghy
30 Derrkeighan
31 Donegore
32 Drumbeg
33 Drummaul
34 Dunaghy
35 Duneane
36 Dunluce
37 Finvoy
38 Glenavy
39 Glenwhirry
40 Glynn
41 Grange of Ballyscullion
42 Grange of Doagh
43 Grange of Drumtullagh
44 Grange of Dundermot
45 Grange of Inispollan
46 Grange of Killyglen
47 Grange of Layd
48 Grange of Muckamore
49 Grange of Nilteen
50 Grange of Shilvodan
51 Inver
52 Island Magee
53 Kilbride
54 Killagan
55 Killead
56 Killraghts
57 Kilroot
58 Kilwaughter
59 Kirkinriola
60 Lambeg61Larne
62 Layd
63 Loughguile
64 Magheragall
65 Magheramesk
66 Newton Crommelin
67 Portglenone
68 Racavan
69 Raloo
70 Ramoan
71 Rasharkin
72 Rashee
73 Rathlin
74 Shankill
75 Skerry
76 Templecorran
77 Templepatrick
78 Tickmacrevan
79 Tullyrusk

=============
The Civil Parishes of County Cavan

1 Annagelliff
2 Annagh
3 Ballintemple
4 Bailieborough
5 Ballymachugh
6 Castlerahan
7 Castleterra
8 Crosserlough
9 Denn
10 Drumgoon
11 Drumlane
12 Drumlumman
13 Drumreilly
14 Drung
15 Enniskeen
16 Kilbride
17 Kildallan
18 Kildrumsherdan
19 Killashandra
20 Killinagh
21 Killinkere
22 Kilmore
23 Kinawley
24 Knockbride
25 Larah
26 Lavey
27 Loughan of Castlekeeran
28 Lurgan
29 Moybolgue
30 Mullagh
31 Munterconnaught
32 Scrabby
33 Shercock
34 Templeport
35 Tomregan
36 Urney

=============

The Civil Parishes of County Donegal

1 Aghanunshin
2 Allsaints
3 Aughnish
4 Barr of Inch
5 Burt6Clonca
7 Clondahorky
8 Clondavaddog
9 Clonleigh
10 Clonmany
11 Convoy
12 Conwal
13 Culdaff
14 Desertegny
15 Donagh
16 Donaghmore
17 Donegal
18 Drumhome
19 Fahan Lower
20 Fahan Upper
21 Gartan
22 Glencolumbkille
23 Kilbarron
24 Kilcar
25 Killaghtee
26 Killea
27 Killybegs Upper
28 Killybegs Lower
29 Killygarvan
30 Killymard
31 Kilmacrenan
32 Kilteevoge
33 Inch
34 Inishkeel
35 Inishmacsaint
36 Inver
37 Leck
38 Lettermacaward
39 Mevagh
40 Moville Lower
41 Moville Upper
42 Muff
43 Raphoe
44 Raymoghy
45 Raymunterdoney
46 Stranorlar
47 Taughboyne
48 Templecarn
49 Templecrone
50 Tullaghobegley
51 Tullyfern
52 Urney

============
The Civil Parishes of County Down

1 Aghaderg
2 Annaclone
3 Annahilt
4 Ardglass
5 Ardkeen
6 Ardquin
7 Ballee
8 Ballyculter
9 Ballyhalbert
10 Ballykinler
11 Ballyphilip
12 Ballytrustan
13 Ballywalter
14 Bangor
15 Blaris
16 Bright
17 Castleboy
18 Clonallan
19 Clonduff
20 Comber
21 Donaghadee
22 Donaghcloney
23 Donaghmore
24 Down
25 Dromara
26 Dromore
27 Drumballyroney
28 Drumbeg
29 Drumbo
30 Drumgath
31 Drumgooland
32 Dundonald
33 Dunsfort
34 Garvaghy
35 Grey Abbey
36 Hillsborough
37 Holywood
38 Inch
39 Inishargy
40 Kilbroney
41 Kilclief
42 Kilcoo
43 Kilkeel
44 Killaney
45 Killinchy
46 Killyleagh
47 Kilmegan
48 Kilmood
49 Kilmore
50 Knockbreda
51 Lambeg
52 Loughinisland
53 Maghera
54 Magheradrool
55 Magherahamlet
56 Magheralin
57 Magherally
58 Moira
59 Newry
60 Newtonards
61 Rathmullan
62 Saintfield
63 Saul64Seapatrick
65 Shankill
66 Slanes
67 Tullylish
68 Tullynakill
69 Tyrella
70 Warrenpoint

Patrick Traynor, in California's gold-rush country.

This thread: