FINE-L Archives

Archiver > FINE > 2002-10 > 1035227966

From: Jay Robertson <>
Subject: Re: [FINE] Confederate FINE Civil War Soldiers
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:19:26 -0500

Hi Mary! This was sent to me and so I tried to pickup on Solan Fine: site shows
Solan Fine, Pvt.,Co. F., 34th Arkansas Infantry (film # M376 roll 8)....34th
Infantry Regiment (also called 2nd Reg.) was fromed in summer of 1862. Unit was
assigned to Fagan's A>T. Hawthorne's, and Roane's Brigade in the Trans-Mississippi
Dept. and participated in conflicts at Helena and Jenkin's Ferry. It cont. to fight
in minor actions in Ark., and Louisiana, then disbanded. Col. Wm. H. Brooks, Lt.
Cols. T.M. Gunter and James R. Pettigrew, and Major F.R.Earle were in command.
List would not load...Love, Cousin Jay