FIVECIVILTRIB-L Archives

Archiver > FIVECIVILTRIB > 2001-12 > 1009469499

Subject: [FIVECIVILTRIB] Trader Shupe/Shoop
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:11:39 EST

Hello, I am new to this list, and hope that someone can advise on the
following:
My 3rd G. Grandmother, Annie Barnes, b. 1780, Marble NC, was allegedly
fathered by a man by the name of Isaac SHUPE, or perhaps SHOOP, or other
spelling variation.
Oral history of the family states that Isaac SHUPE was a Trader with the
Native American tribes in the SC/NC area. It is also believed by some
descendants, that the mother of Annie BARNES was a Native American, and
possibly a translator for settlers and traders.
I have no evidence of any of this, but on the off-chance that there may be
some truth to the tale, where do I begin to look for Isaac Shupe?
Any help appreciated.

Arlene

This thread: