FLANNIGAN-L Archives

Archiver > FLANNIGAN > 1998-11 > 0909930961

From: Phil Baltzer <>
Subject: Re: [FLANNIGAN-L] [Fwd: Flannigan resource page]
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 09:36:01 -0500

Hi!

These are my "FLANAGANs who lived in Brookline, MA:

+- Michael FLANAGAN-6878
Michael FLANNAGAN-6583 ¦
Sep 1824 ------¦
Lahinch,County of Clare,Ireland ¦
+- Unknown
MARRIAGE:14 Oct 1855 Brooline, MA
Anne HIGGINS-6584
Abt 1837
,Ireland

-CHILDREN--------------------------------------Born---Parent Link
1.Michael FLANAGAN-6880 1856
2.Margaret FLANAGAN-31 1858
3.Bridget FLANAGAN-6879 1860
4.Patrick FLANAGAN-6881 1868
5.Mary FLANAGAN-9913 1871
6.John FLANAGAN-9914 1878

Margaret is my wife's grandmother:

Name: Margaret FLANAGAN Sex: F
Birth: Place:
Chr: 15 Nov 1858 Place: Pearl Place,Brookline,Norfolk Co.,MA
Marr: 22 Apr 1880 Spouse: John J. O'CONNELL-30
Marr: Spouse:
Marr: Spouse:
Death: 18 May 1943 Place: Dorchester,Boston,Suffolk Co.,MA
Burial: 21 May 1943 Place: St,Josephs Cem.,West Roxbury,MA
Father: Michael FLANNAGAN-6583 Mother: Anne HIGGINS-6584

In the 1900 census, her name is spelled "Margarett" b. Dec 1861 in MA, and
also apparently a servant (relationship was given as "Se") Mary Flanagan,
b. May 1877 (23 years old) in MA, was living with her and her family of
eight children. I have NOT been able to determine who this Mary Flanagan
was -- if the census taker was sloppy, maybe she was actually born in
Ireland, or if the birth years given were wrong then she could have been
Margaret's sister, who was born 4 Jan 1871 Brookline,MA.

I have no knowledge of what happened to the rest of Margaret's siblings,
other than their christening or birth records.

I have decided to send this info via the list because of others interested
in my MA Flanagans. By the way, there was a contemporary family of
unconnected Flanagans living in Milton, MA (just south of Boston). For
further discussion on these Flanagans, please send messages directly to my
e-mail address,

Thanks to Mary (Mullarkey) Wentzell....Chicago, IL for your e-mail address!

Phil Baltzer

This thread: