FORTNER-L Archives

Archiver > FORTNER > 2005-06 > 1117672042

Subject: Re: [FORTNER] Tennessee, Civil War Confederate Pension Applications Index
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 20:27:22 EDT

Hi All,

Think I'll jump in too, just because "Fortner" "Falkner" has been my nemesis
thus far.
Mary Fortner was born in Edgefield district SC (by family history, I have
not been able in 8 years to find proof) in 1823. She married Jessee Williams,
had 2 children there and then moved to Roswell GA where Jessee worked in the
mill and was part of the Home Guard.They had another 3 children there. The
mill was captured by Sherman's army and the mill workers were all shipped to
Indiana where they remained for the last year of the War.

In 1866, the family would up in Laurel Hill, TN (Lawrence TN).

Do they relate to anyone?

Bonnie

This thread: