FOX-L Archives

Archiver > FOX > 2000-12 > 0975977555

From: Lois <>
Subject: [FOX] Foxes of Spotsylvania, VA 1800
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:52:35 -0800

Is there anyone on the mail list who has info on the Fox clan of
Spotsylvania, VA in about 1800? I am trying to answer some questions I
have. I may be connected to them, and then again, I may not.

I have my Foxes in Clermont Co, OH in late 1700's and early 1800's. I
recently hired a researcher in Clermont Co to search for me. One of the
items she sent me was a will for a Polly (Mary) Fox who died in
Spotsylvania, VA in 1822. The will was recorded in 1839 in Clermont Co,
OH. The recording states that the will is connected to property in
Clermont County, OH. (I posted this will on the Will board yesterday if
anyone is interested in reading it.)

Polly (Mary) Fox was the d/o either Thomas Fox and Elizabeth Herndon or
Mecklenbert Co, NC or Thomas Fox and Philadelphia Herndon of
Spotsylvania, VA. In the will, Polly mentions her niece whom she
adopted, Philadelphia Herndon Fox, b. 1816, Spotsylvania, her deceased
brother, Edmund Herndon Fox, another deceased brother, James H. Fox, a
brother John Fox, a sister Barbara Fox (Wallace). Others mentioned are
neices and nephews: Lucinda Fox, John Fox Jr., and Fanny (Frances)
Wallace.

I am trying figure out why Polly (Mary) Fox' will was recorded in
Clermont Co, OH and who benefited from the recording. It may tie into
my line of Foxes: Jacob McCoy Fox>James Fox/Peggy Berry>James P. Fox.

Does any of this ring any bells with anyone?

Lois in CA

This thread: