FREEBMD-DISCUSS-L Archives

Archiver > FREEBMD-DISCUSS > 2004-11 > 1101305453

From: "Martin Cope" <>
Subject: Re: Project Update
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:10:53 -0000

> Having said all that we can tweak the algorithm that determines if we have
> valid page range. It appears that Hereford Marriages 1892 June was
recorded
> on alternate pages, i.e. there are nearly only odd page numbers, and this
> situation is not recognised by the algorithm. We are looking into this.
>
> Barrie

Barrie,

Mike Foster's book, "A Comedy of Errors", explains this. The returns
from each church in the RD start on an odd page, and even pages only appear
where there are sufficient entries in the quarter to need them.
I.e. you should pair each even page with it's odd page when creating the
ranges for marriages.

Martin Cope

This thread: