FREELAND-L Archives

Archiver > FREELAND > 2000-09 > 0968206451

From: Laura Gilmore <>
Subject: Re: Book "FREELANDS - 1746 - 1971
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 20:14:11 -0600

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the post.

I am from the Group 5 John FREELAND from St Joe, MD. But where from before
that? I have many ancestors in Preston Co. It's strange the family wound up in
New Jersey for many years as well. Also I understand many of my BUCKLEWs were
from New Jersey.

If anyone knows more about this John Freeland, I would love to hear from you.
My line is through his son, Benjamin.

Thanks again,

Laura Freeland Gilmore

Mary L Watson wrote:

> I posted this to the list last year in September....
> thought I would repost, for all the new folks
> on the list...
>
> Mary in FL

> Hi,
>
> I have a copy of a book co-authored by my
> brother-in-law....called FREELAND 1746 - 1971
>
> They started the genealogical record on descendants
> of Mary (Pollock) Freeland of Carlisle, PA 1746.
>
> The name FREELAND is Anglo-Saxon in origin. It means
> "

This thread: