FRY-L Archives

Archiver > FRY > 1998-09 > 0905791103

From: <>
Subject: [FRY-L] FREY's in Jackson Co, IN
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:38:23 CDT

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998 20:52:21 -0500 sean <>
writes:

> I am looking for information on the following Frey Family who lived in
Jackson Co. IN around Seymour > or Dudleytown. Henry Frey was a minister
(Lutheran, I believe). Any light you can shed on this family > will
truly be appreciated.

Here's my one and only FREY, but she's close enough (Harrison County is
just south of Jackson County, separated only by Washington County) that
perhaps there's a connection:

John Peter FLOCK b. abt 1777 in GERMANY, d. 29 Dec. 1865 in Jackson Twp.,
Harrison Co., IN, buried in Flock Cemetery, Jackson Twp., IN, m.
probably in PA
sp. Catherine FREY b. abt 1781 in GERMANY, d. 29 May 1855 in Jackson
Twp., Harrison Co., IN, buried in Flock Cemetery, Jackson Twp., IN

They had 18 children, of which the following nine are known:

Christian FLOCK b. probably in PA or KY, m. 16 Aug 1833, Harrison Co., IN
sp. Roda THOMAS

Philip FLOCK b. 1 Feb 1814 in KY, d. 16 Oct 1852, buried near the old Mt.
Solomon Lutheran Church, Scott Twp., Harrison Co., IN, m. 4 Nov
1834, Harrison Co., IN
sp. Hannah KINTNER b. 1814 in PA or IN, d. 1890, buried near the old
Mt. Solomon Lutheran Church, Scott Twp., Harrison Co., IN

Benjamin FLOCK b. probably in KY, d. Jackson Twp., Harrison Co., IN,
buried in Flock Cemetery, Jackson Twp., Harrison Co., IN, m. 4 Sep
1839, Harrison Co., IN
sp. Sarah E FOLMY, b. 1817, d. 1858 in Jackson Twp., Harrison Co., IN,
buried in the Flock Cemetery

George FLOCK, m. 31 Mar 1840 in Harrison Co., IN
sp. Delilah Ann STEVENS

Rebecca FLOCK b. 13 Apr 1820 in Jackson Twp., Harrison Co., IN, d. 18 Apr
1820, buried in the Flock Cemetery

Joseph FLOCK, b. Feb 1823 in Jackson Twp., d. 30 Sep 1847, buried in the
Flock Cemetery, m. 21 May 1844
sp. Mary Jane EDMISSEN

Margaret Ann FLOCK, b. 23 Apr 1824, Flocktown, Harrison Co., IN, d. 12
Jan 1918, b. Harrison Church Cem. in Harrison Co., IN, m. 18 Jul 1844
in Harrison Co., IN
sp. Michael HUBBARD, b. 1826, d. 185?

Jacob FLOCK

Isaac FLOCK, b. 3 Aug 1826, buried in Flock Cemetery.

Most of the above is from a family tree compiled in 1941 by Fred P.
Griffin of Corydon, Indiana. I have a bit more background on the family,
including Mr. Griffin's sources, if you're interested. I'll send you a
copy if you'll email me your postal address.

Someone on the FidoNet GENEALOGY echo sent me the following:

- - - - - - quote - - - - - -
In "Pioneer Ancestors of Members of the Society of Indiana Pioneers" I
find:

KINTNER, Hannah; b. PA or IN 1814; settled Harrison Co., IN, 1821
KINTNER, John G.; b. PA 1770; settled Harrison Co., IN, 1821.
FLOCK, Cathariana Frey; b. Germany ca. 1783; settled Harrison Co., IN, ca
1821; previous residence PA & KY.
FLOCK, Hannah Kittner [sic] (same as Hannah KINTNER)
FLOCK, John Peter; b. Germany ca. 1780; settled Harrison Co., IN, ca
1821; previous residence PA or KY.
FLOCK, Philip; b. KY 1814; settled Harrison Co., IN, ca 1821.

Send a S.A.S.E. to the Society at 315 West Ohio St., Indianapolis, IN
46202. "Photocopies of applications or data will be supplied for a
nominal charge."
- - - - - - end quote - - - - - -

I've written to the Society (mailed yesterday) to see what info I can
obtain from them. I'll let you know what else I find out about
Catherine.

Sarah Nunez

Please send all personal replies to me at

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

This thread: