FRY-L Archives

Archiver > FRY > 1999-07 > 0931187144

From: <>
Subject: [FRY-L] RE: Edward Fry - My Connection (IA)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 11:05:44 EDT

I am descended from Jacob and Susannah Beckinbaugh Fry of Frytown, Johnson
Co, IA. I am descended through their son, John H., and his son, Clifford
Fry, and his daughter, Phyllis Fry (my grandmother). I am tons of
information about these Johnson Co. Frys on my website at
http://members.aol.com/Erinkwells/main.html
The first link gets you to my Fry page. There's ancestry, maps, pictures,
and more.
I am also trying to research descendants of these lines. I am currently
looking for descendants of the following Jacob Fry family members:

Eve Fry & Ephraim Patterson m. 1826 Licking Co., OH (have found a cousin in
this line: Cathy Morgan - ). Other surnames found
in descendancy from this line: LAMBERT, WAGNER, SHAVER, SHAFF, MIDDLETON.
Greene Co., PA> Licking Co., OH>Johnson Co., IA>Washington Co., IA>CA

Elisabeth Fry & Jacob Groves Oldaker m. abt 1830 Johnson Co., IA (have found
a cousin in this line: Ruby Shelby - ). Other surnames found
in this descendancy: SHELBY, PORTER, MORRIS, BOYCE, IRVIN, DICK, RICKS.
Greene Co., PA> Licking Co., OH>Knox Co., OH>Johnson Co., IA; CO; NE.

George W. Fry & Katherine "Katie" Kepler m. 1833 Johnson Co., IA. Other
surnames found in this descendancy: MILLER, WADE, SMITH, BURKETT, BARGER,
DUNHAM, ROTTESBURGER, SINGLEMAN, BAILEY. Greene Co., PA> Licking Co., OH>
Johnson Co., IA; MI; NE.

Titus R. Fry & Jane Preston m. abt 1830 Johnson Co., IA (have found a cousin
in this line: Gail Harvey Budda - ). Other surnames
found in this descendancy: WYMAN, MOORE, PATTERSON, GROSSCUP, DAVIS, WILSON,
STONER, BEESON, ROWLAND, ANDREWS, NAGEL, LYNN, OLINGER. Berkeley Co.,
VA>OH>IA

William H. Fry & 1) Betsey Harris m. 1842 Johnson Co., IA and 2) Harriet Cole
m. 1847 Johnson Co., IA. Other surnames found in this descendancy: McCRAY
OH>IA

Enos Fry & Caroline White m. 1836 (not much known except for three children:
Harriet, Charles, & Ellen b. between 1845 and 1851). OH>IA

Mary E. "Polly" Fry (1817-1901) Did she have a husband? OH>IA

Abraham (b. 1818 Licking Co., OH) Fry and Mary ?. OH>IA

Susannah Fry & Smiley Hughes Bonham m. abt 1839 Johnson Co., IA. (Have found
a cousin in this line: Joane Barton - ) OH>IA

John H. Fry & 1) Margaret M. Harris m. 1841 Johnson Co., IA and 2) Agnes M.
Seitz m. 1878 Johnson Co., IA. [This is the line from which I descend.] Other
surnames found in this descendancy: PALMER, TAYLOR, STONER, YODER, HESS,
WAGNER, SHAVER, BILLINGS, CRAW, BIGELOW, HARTSOCK. OH> Johnson Co., IA;
Kalona, IA; Iowa City, IA; La Mesa, CA.

James Fry b. 1822 Licking Co., OH

Marshall Fry & Eliza Humphrey m. 1846 Johnson Co., IA. He died near Vicksburg
in 1863.

Angeline Fry & Oratio Shaff m. 1843 Johnson Co., IA. (Recently found a cousin
in this line - waiting for descendancy). OH>IA

Jacob Fry & Letta Harris m. 1846 Johnson Co., IA. OH>IA

If you think you are descended from any of these lines, please let me know.
For specifics on any of these lines, visit the URL above.

These are the Iowan Frys I referred to in my previous post.

Erin Peters

22 Matthews Rd.
Newark, DE 19713-2558
(888) 291-5208 PIN 7173