FRYAR-L Archives

Archiver > FRYAR > 1997-11 > 0879797005

From: marie sellers hollinger <>
Subject: Re: Fryar/Fryer Sampson County, North Carolina
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 14:03:25 -0600

JACK, 1746 John FRYER has 200 acres here (New Hanover) on n side Gosen Swamp
1750 John Fryer has 200 acres (New Hanover) on fork of Cohere-jng little Cohera
1750 Martin Fryer has 100 acres New Hanover in fork bet great and little Cohera
above John Fryers land.
1772/1774/1776 Jacob FRYER has land on 6 runs and ss Rowan Marsh/swamp, deeded to
him by Hardy STEPHENS IN 1769
In 1769 Wm Fryer's wife was Jane and she appears to still be here after he is
gone
In 1785 Jacob Fryers wife is Winefred (his will)
AND I don't know where these Fryers/Sellers came from before-
We have SELLERS/FRYERS in early Craven, but, kinda look like to Johnston,etc.
Jane FRYER stays close to our SELLERS, thought there MUST be connection , PERHAPS
thru a differant family.
marie, iowa
==========
wrote:

> Fryar/Fryer Family Researchers:
>
> A special welcome to Marie Sellers Holinger whose interest is Fryer/Sellers
> of Sampson County, North Carolina. We will try to help you with your
> research and in tern, I'm hoping that we can begin to sort out the various
> Fryars of North Carolina so that we can then sort out the various Fryars of
> Tennessee.
>
> Marie:
>
> I received correspondence (don't see a date) from Mrs. Hope Fryer Tumlin
> (Mrs. James M>), 1605 Third Avenue, Albany, GA 31707 who was a descendant of
> Martin Fryer of Sampson County, NC. She shows Martin Fryer, bo about 1803,
> Sampson Co., NC married Dorcas McDermott, born about 1811 in NC. Their
> children were:Margaret A Fryer, mrd Joseph Fisher; Sarah Fryer; Mary V.
> Fryer; Caldonia Fryer, mrd Demoye Stephens; Laura Virginia Fryer, mrd 12 Nov
> 1868 to G.W. Babason and William Martin "Mack" Fryer, born 12 Jan 1851 in
> Whiteville, Columbus, Co., NC. died 4 Jan 1911 in Green Cove Springs, Clay
> co., FL; mrd (10 Fannie Culpepper, Susan Elizabeth Edenfield
>
> I have cemetery records of Union Grove Church Cemetery, Sampson County and
> the Carter Cemetery in Sampson County and the Fryer/Ezzell Cemetery, as well
> as the Fryar Cemetery and the Old Fryar Cemetery near Turkey, North Carolina
> ---all of which I will be glad to share with you if these will be of help to
> you.
>
> I would like to know who the Sampson County, North Carolina Fryars
> were....are they related to the Guilford County, North Carolina Fryars????(my
> line).
>
> Hope to hear from you soon.
>
> Jack Fryar
> Midland, TX
>
> PS. I have a first cousin who is named Martin Fryar (his mother's maiden
> name was Martin)....He has been one of the national champions in the Senior
> Rodeo Roping Contest for the past three or four years. He will be 70 this
> year.

This thread: