FTM-HELP-L Archives

Archiver > FTM-HELP > 2001-10 > 1003675476

From: "Sandie Gilliland" <>
Subject: Re: [FTM-HELP] Suffixes
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:44:36 -0400

Frank, of course you're correct; but Dad officially on birth and social
security records remains just plain Dad. You can make a note in Dad's record
that he is now referred to as Senior due to birth of Jr.
For purposes of correct citations and research, you would still usually look
for him as just plain Dad. The note about Senior would remind you that for
death records and possibly land or other transactions after Junior's birth
you may find he refers to himself as Senior.
sandie
*