FTM-HELP-L Archives

Archiver > FTM-HELP > 2003-04 > 1049838450

From: Alex III Seggie <>
Subject: Re: [FTM-HELP] NEED HELP VERY MUCH
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:47:30 -0400

At 03-04-08 03:32 PM, you wrote:
>Day before yesterday I was trying to find the relationship through another line and I accidently hit a key, I don't know which one but thought it might have been the ~ Insert possibly Delete ~ key. Anyhow I cannot establish any kinship report through this other line now. I have over 22000 persons entered and do not want to lose it. All the persons seem to be in their rightful places/spots but I cannot get the Kinship Report to work correctly. If I start over from my last backup I will have at least 3000 persons to re-enter plus all text data etc.

Hi Antoinette,

I presume that you can figure out where the branch is broken.
This will take some careful looking at the kinship report.

I presume that the broken link is a child/parent link, and that from the family page
everything looks fine. Ok so far?

Go to the CHILD's family page (not the parents).
Click on "More about" and then "Lineage".

Near the bottom of the page there is a section where you specify special relationships
to the mother and father. Are both showing as "natural"??
The other settings are used ONLY when dealing with adopted/foster children.
Change to "Natural" if needed. (I am presuming no adoption occurred.)

There are boxes labeled "exclude". They should NOT be set if you want the
kinship report to work normally. Clear any checkmarks.

If my assumptions are wrong, please provide more details.

Take care,

Alex

This thread: