FTM-HELP-L Archives

Archiver > FTM-HELP > 2008-03 > 1204586373

From: "masmith" <>
Subject: Re: [FTM-HELP] List of Individuals Problem
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 18:19:33 -0500
References: <00b801c87aff$f7097360$5c7f8148@randall><008801c87b05$2c1c1530$e7d32ed8@userf80594413b><005a01c87b22$fd018960$5c7f8148@randall><000501c87b25$758117a0$5c7f8148@randall>
In-Reply-To: <000501c87b25$758117a0$5c7f8148@randall>

Do you have anyone you know who could help you with this? If you are in a
tricky situation, sometimes a computer expert can surprise you with what
they can do.

Maybe even a friend or family member who is more computer-savvy than you
could be?
I have a son and a friend who know a lot more about it than I do ! (Not
saying much!!!) and a couple times when I was worried about lost data, they
were able to tell me what to do.....and what NOT to do, that could make it
worse!

Good luck,

Mary Anne

From: [mailto:]
On Behalf Of William R. Randall
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: [FTM-HELP] List of Individuals Problem

From: "William R. Randall" <>
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: [FTM-HELP] List of Individuals Problem

> Mary Ann Smith,
> Thank you for your suggestion and time in responding to my question.
> A few months ago, when we had the virus scare, I backed up the names on 4
> (3.5) disc and I still have them.
> I am really concerned about loosing my data base, but doing much, but it
> may
> be worth trying.
> wrr
> ======================================================
> Researching the Beebe, Cranmer, Hale, Lamb, Oviatt, RANDALL, Roberts and
> Wightman families in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Rhode
> Island
> From: "masmith" <>
> Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 10:59 AM
> Subject: Re: [FTM-HELP] List of Individuals Problem
>> Did you ever back up the program with all those names on it, to a CD or
>> DVD?
>> Have you tried reinstalling the data on that, ???????
>> Mary Anne Smith
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From:
>> [mailto:]
>> On Behalf Of William R. Randall
>> Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 1:22 PM
>> To: FTM
>> Subject: [FTM-HELP] List of Individuals Problem
>> Dear Listers,
>> I have just reloaded my (don't laugh) FTM 7.5 and everything seems to be
>> working fine, except the "List of Individuals" box is about 50% smaller
>> than
>> it was on my last (first) download.
>> I hope someone has discovered the solution to such a situation.
>> wrr
>> ========================================================================
>> Researching the Beebe, Cranmer, Hale, Lamb, Oviatt, RANDALL, Roberts and
>> Wightman families in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Rhode
>> Island
>> Web Page: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~randall
>> -------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes
>> in the subject and the body of the message
>> -------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>> ---
>> avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
>> Virus Database (VPS): 080228-0, 02/28/2008
>> Tested on: 2/29/2008 12:57:36 PM
>> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.
>> http://www.avast.com
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> ---
> avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
> Virus Database (VPS): 080228-0, 02/28/2008
> Tested on: 2/29/2008 2:48:52 PM
> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.
> http://www.avast.com

-------------------------------
with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes
in the subject and the body of the message