FTM-HELP-L Archives

Archiver > FTM-HELP > 2009-03 > 1236220604

From: "David C Abernathy" <>
Subject: Re: [FTM-HELP] Sleepytime Internet Explorer 7
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:36:44 -0800

No, you do not need to go "naked" in the wild, but some of the different
programs will take over your machine.
There are also many of things that can upset the operation of ones machines.
Of the things you have listed, I see nothing that should have any affect on
your machine, BUT, I have not used AVG for some time. I have read that are
issues with version 8 of AVG, but I do not know first hand.

Do you have a third party firewall running?

One thing you may try and that is to reset the IE options back to the
defaults.
To do this, with IE open, "Tools, Internet Options" and then the "Advance"
tab. There near the bottom is a "Reset" button, click it and OK yourself
out. Close IE and then restart up IE and you MAY see some improvement.

Thanks,
David C Abernathy
Email disclaimers
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head.
http://www.SchmeckAbernathy.com
== All outgoing and incoming mail is scanned by F-Prot Antivirus ==